El Prat Barcelona Airport: Taxis, Private Airport Transfer Shuttles –
Tips, times and prices
Here you will find all the important information and tips on using taxis and private shuttles for airport transfers.
Taxis at El Prat Barcelona Airport
Despite the airport’s good connections to the metro network, travellers like to use a taxi or private shuttle to get to the city centre or to their destination in the surrounding area of Barcelona.
If your destination is in the outskirts or not directly at a public transport stop, a taxi or private shuttle can be a convenient alternative for airport transfers.
Important information about taxis at Barcelona El Prat Airport
- Taxi ranks are located outside the arrivals areas at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Taxis in Barcelona are yellow / black and wait for passengers here around the clock.
How long does it take to take a taxi from El Prat airport to Barcelona city centre?
The journey time to the city centre is 25-40 min. It can take longer if there is heavy traffic or congestion.
Fare: How much does a taxi ride from El Prat airport to the centre / city centre cost?
At El Prat airport, there is no fixed price for a taxi ride to the city centre.
Minimum fare 20 euros
The minimum price for a taxi ride to / from the airport is 20 euros (as of 2022). However, 20 euros will not get you into the city centre. This sum is only enough for the districts around the airport.
A regular taxi to the city centre costs around 35-40 euros. The price of a taxi ride depends not only on the length of the journey. Night surcharges, tolls, luggage fees, etc. can also be added.
If you would like to arrange a fixed price for the airport transfer before your trip, then a private airport shuttle is recommended.
→ website with many providers and prices for airport transfers – click here
Private shuttles – an alternative to taxis?
There are other companies besides the classic taxis that offer a ride to and from the airport. The advantage for you as a customer is:
- You can book the transfer online before your trip. The price is fixed. This saves you time and stress in Barcelona. This website quickly shows at a glance the offers incl. prices of the various providers.
The website is in your native language. This way there are fewer misunderstandings compared to discussions with the taxi driver at the airport.
- With some providers, the driver is waiting directly at the airport gate in the arrivals area with a sign bearing your name. It couldn’t be easier.
- If you have special requirements, e.g. a minibus for a group tour or a coach for a larger group. Everything can be conveniently booked online in advance on a website in your preferred language.
Conclusion – for whom is a taxi / private shuttle the right means of transport?
- If you want to get to your destination comfortably and the fare is not the main consideration.
- Your destination is not in the city centre or near a metro station (e.g. in the outskirts of Barcelona)
- You want to get to the port with a lot of luggage to start a cruise. There are providers who specialize in this.
- If you don’t feel like dealing with local transport, route maps etc. after a long flight
Local transport: Metro, bus – an alternative to taxi?
Of course, it is cheaper to take the shuttle bus “AeroBus” or metro / underground from the airport to the city centre. The airport has its own metro stops in each terminal.
The metro journey times (just over 30 minutes) are less affected by traffic jams on the roads.
Airport Shuttle Bus – Aerobús Barcelona
There is an Aerobús bus stop in front of the terminal building. This airport shuttle bus also offers a connection to the city centre.